The Church of the Transfiguration takes its name from the biblical Transfiguration (pictured above) of Jesus Christ.
About a week after Jesus told his disciples that He would suffer, be killed, and be raised to life (Luke 9:22), He took Peter, James and John up a mountain to pray. While praying, His personal appearance was transfigured into a glorified form. Moses and Elijah appeared and talked with Jesus about His impending death.
Religious Education Program mission and the six fundamental tasks of Catechesis:
- To promote knowledge of the Faith
- To promote liturgical education.
- To promote moral formation.
- To teach to pray and meditate.
- To educate for community life.
- To educate for participation in the life and mission of the church.